- Ensure you and all your team members have registered before arriving. Whether you are a participant, a speaker, a session host, exhibitor, performers – EVERY attendee must have registered in advance
- If you are based in Bonn or are arriving on or before 1st May – please come by the World Conference Centre between 14:00 – 17:00 on Wednesday 1st May to pick up your badge. Early registration will help ensure a entrance on the first morning of the event.
If you are unable to pick up your badge on 1st May, registration opens again at 8:00 on 2 May. We recommend that you arrive early. The opening plenary will begin at 9:00.
All participants will be required to show a photo ID when they arrive to collect their badge. Please note that airport style security will be provided so allow time to come through the scanning machine.
Please bring cash in Euros with you. There are no ATMs near the World Conference Centre and the following services will be cash only:
- Snack bar
- Lunchtime food service in the canteen
- Drinks bar during the UN SDG Action Awards After Party
- Food and drink at Rhine in Flames Festival
- The dress code for the Festival is smart casual. Whether you feel more comfortable in a suit of traditional attire, the choice is yours!
- The UN SDG Action Awards Ceremony (Thursday 2nd May, 18:00 – 19:30) will be a glitzy affair so please feel free to bring some evening wear with you
- On Friday 3rd May, there will be an SDG Parade to the Rhine in Flames Festival at a nearby park. This will include the option of joining your fellow Festival-goers for a 30 minute walk to the event. Therefore, please ensure you wear comfortable footwear and feel free to express your support of the SDGs through colourful clothing, traditional dress, or even ‘dress as your favourite SDG!’
Old mobile phones
In collaboration with Cologne Zoo Conservation Project, we will be collecting old cell phones and passing them on for recycling. Bring any old phones to the ‘Sustainable Events Innovation Zone’ and recycle your mobile phone for gorillas!
- Download the app and populate your profile – tell other Festival goers what you have been up to, what you are interested in and who you want to meet
- Browse the Festival programme and select key sessions and experiences you want to attend, interact with and explore
- Once you select items on the programme – you can create your own Festival schedule that can be transferred to your personal calendar
- Search for key contacts, drop them a message or schedule a one-to-one meeting through the networking function
- Book a timeslot at one of the ‘meet-up’ spaces and share your latest projects and ideas with fellow participants. You can then message individual attendees to invite them to attend
- Engage with festival sessions through the in-built Q&A platform slido. Here you can take polls and ask your most pressing questions to expert panellists!
The UN SDG Action Campaign is a special initiative of the UN Secretary-General to scale up, broaden, and sustain the global movement to take action for the SDGs. The Action Campaign aims to mobilize and inspire individuals and organizations to take action and join the global movement for the SDGs, whilst connecting people’s actions and perceptions with decision makers in SDG planning and review processes at all levels.