Opportunities to share knowledge on Sustainable Development Goals at the SDG Studio
The Global Festival of Action for Sustainable Development, will feature a variety of different formats, sessions and ‘stages’, providing Festival-goers the opportunity to pick the experience that’s right for them. At the 2017 edition, a firm crowd favourite was the ‘SDG Studio’ – a live stage, positioned in the lobby of the World Conference Centre that featured TED-style stalks, media interviews and cross-sector, multi-stakeholder and cross-generational interviews and discussions throughout the course of the Festival.
The sessions on this stage are short, snappy, and offer insights into a range of success stories, innovative approaches, new and longstanding collaborations and provide the presenters with the opportunity to reach participants in an on-demand way. The buzz around this stage was unforgettable last year and with Festival media partners being invited to livestream, film and photograph the sheer scope and variety of insights being shared through this platform, it’s an opportunity to get your ideas and actions known!
Do you or your organization want to play an active role at the Festival and have a success story of how you implemented an innovative approach and contributed to the SDGs achievement? If you have conducted an innovative initiative related to SDG awareness-raising and advocacy, practical problem-solving and innovation, data capture and analysis, and direct citizen engagement, we would love to showcase your story.
Please take a few minutes and apply to share your story during the Festival.
Due to limited space at the Festival, we need to be selective, although we can assure you we’ll do our best to accommodate as many as possible, so take the chance and inspire others with your actions!
Here is what you need to do
- All participants attending the Festival are invited to apply to share their knowledge on the SDGs. SDG Studio participants can be either individuals or organizations with compelling initiatives to be shared. We highly encourage initiatives at the local, regional or global level jointly implemented by multiple organizations/sectors and focusing on the last mile and “leave no one behind”.
- Applications are open until 15th January 2018
- We’ll communicate directly with organization/ individual selected by mid-February and will make it public, in due course
- The story or initiative shared has to contribute to at least one of these thematic focuses:
- Successful local/country/regional initiatives of implementing the SDGs
- Innovative approaches for SDG implementation
- Innovative approaches for advocating and communicating the SDGs